By Paige Grand Pré, Education Communications Associate09.07.17
First up is Creators’ Co-op, our program just for high school students. New Co-op members and their parents alike will gather in our screening room to get the lay of the land and enjoy some time together before diving into our plethora of filmmaking crews and workshops. Although registration has closed for the fall term of Creators’ Co-op, the program also runs in the spring and summer, so we encourage any latecomers to join us then!
In addition to our Creators’ Co-op program, we offer a dazzling variety of courses for kids and adults alike.
Read on for a few course highlights, or check out our full slate of educational offerings at burnsfilmcenter.org/courses:
JBFC KIDS COURSES: PRE K—GRADE 8
- Storyville, Grades 1—2: Nov. 7—Dec. 12
- Picturing Stories Workshop, Grades 1—2: Oct. 21
- Experiments in Media Workshop, Grades 3—4: Nov. 18
- Experiments in Media Workshop, Grades 5—6: Oct. 28
- Cinemania: Afterschool Film Club, Grades 7—8: Sept. 27—Dec. 20
COURSES FOR COLLEGE & ADULT STUDENTS
- Film Style & Form—The Art of Cinematography: Sept. 25—Nov. 20
- Taste of the Lab—Understanding Story: Sept. 27—Oct. 11
- Brand Yourself—Get Savvy About Social Media: Sept. 28—Oct. 26
- Screenwriting—Dialogue & Performance: Oct. 12—Dec. 15
- Video Portraits—Creating a Visual Story: Oct. 25—Nov. 29
As always, we seek to make our Courses @ The Lab as accessible to the public as possible. Thanks to the generous support of donors and JBFC members, full and partial scholarships are available for all courses and are awarded based on financial need. We encourage all students and their families to seek the financial support that will make their participation in our courses possible. To learn more and submit a scholarship application, please visit our Scholarship Information page HERE.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at email@example.com, or by phone at 914.773.7663 ex. 8.