By Emily Ohara, Education Program Manager & JBFC Kids Curator05.01.20
Make your very own short silent movie just like Charlie Chaplin! A popular JBFC Kids film exercise with students, you can get all the silent movie elements, film scratches, dialogue filled title cards, and old-timey music, by using the Silent Film Studio App.
- Story Prompt: One or more characters do something that causes another person to chase after them.
- Storyboard your story idea using 12 shots or less. You can use or draw a storyboard like this one.
- Include at least THREE title cards.
- Use the Silent Film Studio app on your iPhone or iPad. Click HERE for a detailed walk through of the app.
- Export & share it on Twitter or Instagram and tag us so we can see everyone’s silent films! #JBFCkids Instagram: jbfc_pville Twitter: jbfc_ny
Directions from Silent Film Studio App
- Select videos from your library, or record a video and add it to your project.
- Choose from 10 different theme soundtracks or select music from your own song library.
- Add and edit title cards.
- Drag and drop video clips and title cards to arrange the scenes of your movie.
- Integrated video editor to trim the length of any clip.
- The Red Curtain™ function simulates the feel of a real cinema environment.
- Watch in landscape or portrait mode.
Need more help? Check out the Silent Film Studio manual with step by step screen shots.