By Theresa Dawson, Education Program Manager03.26.20
Find yourself at home with an antsy preschooler? A scavenger hunt can be a great activity to keep your little one entertained!
- Write numbers 1 to 20 on stickers or pieces of masking tape
- Stick the pieces of tape around your house/apartment. You can even do this while your child is napping.
- On a blank sheet of paper, create a grid with numbers 1 to 20.
- When ready, have your child search for the numbered pieces of tape.
- As they find each sticker/piece of tape, have them peel off sticky labels and place them on written numbers on the grid.
You can even award a prize for when they find all 20. This activity encourages your child to move around and explore your home. As a bonus, this also helps build number recognition skills!