By Paige Grand Pré, Education Communications Associate06.27.17
Register now for Summer 2017 professional development, as registration closes Friday, June 30!
Image, Sound, and Story is a professional development program that inspires and prepares teachers to integrate viewing and creating media into their classroom culture and literacy instruction.
The Image, Sound, and Story curriculum is delivered via classroom teachers who complete the JBFC's professional development sessions. Summer 2017 PD sessions are available for Grades 3—10, with the content to be implemented during the 2017—2018 school year. Each corresponding two-day/15-hour workshop prepares teachers to lead instruction for the first three projects of the curriculum: "Image," "Sound," and "Story."
The hands-on, interactive professional development experience provides:
- Modeling instruction for facilitating discussion in viewing media
- Best practices for managing small group production activities
- Resources, tutorials, and structured support for planning and integrating Image, Sound, and Story into existing units of study as well as texts
- Project rubrics paired with pre- and post-writing prompts to assess student learning
- Technical support for capturing and editing audio and video as part of the curriculum
"With more than a decade of pioneering film and media education as a foundation, the JBFC's Image, Sound, and Story program gives educators a relevant and engaging approach to teaching and learning. By embracing the storytelling technology that students carry around in their pockets, this curriculum inspires young people to communicate and succeed in our highly visual and digitally-connected world" —Ron Howard, Director & JBFC Board Member
Click HERE for more information and scheduling, and to register for Summer 2017 Professional Development at the JBFC!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 914.773.7663 ext. 7.