Film Screenings for Educators
Beasts of the Southern Wild, from the CR2SR Film Library
Catch a sneak preview of films from JBFC's film programming calendar, or dive deep into educational offerings selected by JBFC's faculty for their potential as powerful teaching tools. These events are specifically geared towards educators, and include reflection and discussion sessions led by JBFC programming or education staff after each screening. Participation is free for educators.
Recent screenings have included:
- Stop Making Sense (Jonathan Demme, 1984), from the series Sounds of Summer
- Monkey Kingdom (Mark Linfield & Alastair Fothergill, 2015) from JBFC Kids Programming
- My Cousin Rachel (Roger Michell, 2017), new release
- Sonita (Rokhsareh Ghaem Maghami, 2015), from the series Global Watch: Crisis, Culture, and Human Rights
- He Named Me Malala (Davis Guggenheim, 2015) from the series Global Watch: Crisis, Culture, and Human Rights
- The Act of Killing (Joshua Oppenheimer, 2012) from the series Global Watch: Crisis, Culture, and Human Rights
- Seeds of Time (Sandy McLeod, 2014) from the series Focus on Nature
Films and screening times are updated regularly. Please check back here, or click "Request Info" below to receive the monthly newsletter for Schools & Teachers.