Cinemania: Afterschool Film Club
Grades 7 — 8
Cinemania gives middle school students the opportunity to explore the adolescent experience through films from around the world. Weekly meetings include a film screening, interactive discussion, and writing film reviews under the guidance of film studies faculty. The program nurtures an appreciation for the cinema arts, provides an introduction to film language, fosters self-expression, and expands students' worldview.
- Understand the language of film, including cinematography, editing, lighting, framing and point of view.
- Reflect upon the coming-of-age experience and explore identity through adolescent characters and stories.
- Develop and articulate educated opinions about film.
- Become active viewers of visual media.
- Cinemania is offered on Thursdays from 3:30 - 6:00pm throughout the school year.
- Registration for the fall 2018 session is NOW OPEN! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire on behalf of school groups, or visit our Courses @ The Lab page for Cinemania to register individual students.
For a list of current-run Cinemania films, visit our semester-specific Cinemania programming pages.