This early childhood education program, created in collaboration with acclaimed literacy specialist Bill Gordh, teaches students how visual and aural elements tell a story and acquaints them with the tools filmmakers use to bring a story out of their imagination and into the world. With a focus on movement, sound, and storytelling, this multisensory program integrates all the building blocks of early childhood literacy. It also includes opportunities for students to create short multimedia projects and view short films.
Each grade level encompasses a theme: Animal Adventures (Pre-K), Three’s Stories (K), Scary Stories (1), and Quest Tales (2).
• Practice and strengthen active listening skills
• Engage emerging readers and writers in the craft of storytelling
• Understand that stories come from many cultures and countries
• Enhance comprehension, expression, and prediction skills
• Learn basic vocabulary of visual literacy